Saturday, September 12, 2009

I care. And so I run.


Hello there-
Let me update ya a bit! Wowza, I've been busy! First of all, thanks for World Vision for the sweet bracelet and little push! I'm usually not one for the thicker-rubber-plasticy-athletic bracelets, but this one...I saw and said, "ya know what, I'm wearing that until the race, I'm in all right now!" So yeah, it's been on my wrist, ever since:)

So since the bracelet and I have become friends, I've also gone on to KSU Volleyball game at Ahearn Feildhouse with a Pack-a-Parkers...:)
I guess Natron got hungry and decided to chomp on Katie's head....hmm

Beth and Brady are in this picture somewhere...see if you can find them....:)

But this little guy was a wee bit sleepy! So, I decided to hold him a bit, and he fell fast asleep!! zzzzz's It was SUPER hot in Ahearn so I could only hold my little sauna friend for a little while before giving him back to mama! Gotta love some cute cuddly baby love!!

On to running news:
This morning, when I walked out of my room at 7:15AM I saw my little friends lazin' around on the couch..
lucky....I was ready to hit the road with shoes laced up and all this made me want to do was crawl back in to bed....but alas--
A one NP decided to join me on the 14 mile journey on Linear Trail! But first he had to add some air to his bike via my little hamster/gerbel air compressor
it hopped around on the ground when you turn it on to pump air...kinda cute;)

And when the bike was ready Natron-the-Incredible decided to swing his bike overhead, which was the universal signal that it was time to begin the journey!!

I got a little nervous when he turned into Natron-the-Incredible...eek! BUT..

The Road Ahead was calling myname:) We hit the trail and went 7 out and turned around and came back! Did 14 without stopping once! Lots of muddy/splashing puddles, and lots of sweatiness! I do have the say that at this point the running is getting a bit tedeous...BUT with the help of my new bracelet I could focus on the goal ahead! The race is coming and it's going to be great, keeping the end in mind!

Well friends, time to go! :) Happy weekend!!

Love-Shelb

1 comment: