Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There's music in the air!


Goooooood morning!

I've got a lot of musical tunes floating through the air around me! I LOVE my Pandora station: Wicked (Original Broadway Cast Recording). Also, I helped cast the Seussical here at school on Monday!
I've had to re-vamp my training this week a little bit. I decided last week that running at 5:40ish AM wasn't working for me anymore. While I really enjoy getting my workout done early in the morning, it was just way too dark for me to enjoy running and feel completely safe! Also, my mileage is rapidly increasing and there's just not enough time to get in longer runs. So I ran 4 on Monday out here in the country by the high school. I enjoyed the scenery and the clapping/cheering cross country bus as they drove by me! I need that little extra "umph" to finish feeling good;) Yesterday evening I confused my body once again by going 9 miles at dusk-ish. I was worried about going that far after having worked all day, but it actually felt pretty good and I had a good story teller riding his bike next to me. A one N. Parker can tell good stories and I was listening and it took my mind off the trail and that, my friends, is great! I really appreciated his company on the way.

Admittedly these pictures are not fabulous, but they were taken while I was driving home from dropping N.P. off at his house! So, that is a glimpse of the trail and sidewalk that I ran along.More sidewalk post run.

I was high on endorphins after y run and singing some Seussical on my way back to my house and trying to drive/and take this picture:)
Well, fun times ahead friends and lots of planning to do;) I'm cross-training today after school which will consist of some time on the eliptical and lifting arms and legs and some sit-ups! Nothing too strenuous as I will log 39 miles this week!

Happy Hump Day! :)

2 comments:

  1. You should not be driving and taking pictures at the same time--dangerous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked pandora station is FAB!!! I'm going to see Wicked in Wichita on Nov. 3rd!! Tix are still available, I think!

    ReplyDelete