Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The misty 9 and a new SPOT on the lake!

Hello all,

I'm currently writing from the comfort of my own couch watching the Presidential Address. I was planning on watching So You Think You Can Dance AND GLEE Season Premiere! But no, sadly all I get is some words from Obama, followed by standing, yelling and clapping...it's kind of wearing me out already!
Yesterday I went on a 9 mile run!
No, I didn't do this--THIS picture is from Saturday's run! I was at the 12 mile mark and saw a camera pointed at me, I couldn't help myself;)
But the nine yesterday were pretty good. I ran between 8:48-9:36 minute splits. I told myself to slow down and keep it between 9:20-9:40 because the run was supposed to be nice and easy! It was cloudy and I was worried it might thunderstorm on me, but alas all I got was a gentle misting. The misting cooled me off a little bit, but left me very wet! Eek! I was pleased with the run and my ability to do it lone-star style! Me and my fuel belt, we're BFF's:)
Tonight after school I did 26 minutes on the eliptical machine and lifted arms and legs. I got a flu shot today and HIGHLY recommend it to others--except for the fact that my arm is still sore! I mean seriously, shots HURT :( or...i'm a weenie...

On to my spot....

Love this spot because you can walk around the bend and explore, throw rocks in, skip rocks, just walk, it's nice!So this spot is where the fish live and dogs play, I don't swim here, but look at the pretty surroundings!Ahh, the waves! From this view it looks like the water isn't THAT disgusting out at Tuttle Puddle...I still think there's a hidden fungus or disease lurking in the waters that you'll get if you swim in it for too long! The theory has yet to be proven....
Well, I'm off to watch more the clapping, standing, cheering, and President addressing the nation about healthcare. So, already I'm wondering if it's okay to act/behave/think that because we're American citizens if we can be entitled to not get sick? Because it kinda sounds like that just a little bit...I hope I'm not ostracized by this opinion, just a wondering really...And, I've been blogging during the address, so my attention hasn't been entirely fixated on one thing at a time:)

Tomorrow morning, I think there is a run ahead of me...in the dark of the dark...

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment