Monday, September 14, 2009

This is the climax of the training

Hi friends,

This week marks the climax of this training program! Since May 15 my body, mind, and soul have been working up to this part of the training--20 miles on the schedule for this Saturday's run! wowza! So the mileage total for this week will be 40, which is substantial for me FOR SURE! :) I ran 5 today with my hippie friend NP--he rocked! Way to still be an enthusiastic story-teller while running! That's impressive! We ran 5 and just for good measure I kicked it up a notch the last 2.5 miles! I did mile 4 in 9:05 and mile 5 in 8:32! It felt good to be able to push my legs to go that fast! Fun times;)
Well, I'm going to head to rest my twitching eye--does that ever happen to you? Part of your eyelid just decides to spasmodically bounce all over the place while you're just chillin' watching Dreamgirls on the couch? I think its the signal to me that it's time to get a good solid night's sleep!! :)
Night all--tomorrow is 10 miles! :)

2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure Shelb. And fwiw (yup, acronym), I'm really more of a yuppie/hipster than a true hippie. For example, today I told a student that it was fine to kill and eat baby chickens because they aren't real animals anyway. Hardly hippie behavior (or scientific accuracy). I just like being subversive, argumentative, political, and well dressed. Also, I watched 2 episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" tonight. You should be proud. I have a pet TV show, which makes me a normal person now.

    P.S. Yes, I will bike 10 with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo!!!! You're doing great!! Miss you--I went to a new/nearly new FCCLA advisor thing today and Charlotte was wearing her sparkly pin. I hope you are rocking yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete