Wednesday, September 23, 2009

That's alotta Muha's!

Pick-up-your-pictures-at-school-day!!! That's right, I didn't cut them up and write on the back and give it to all besties...so, if you want one, just lemme know because I've got 4 years worth of teacher HOTT school pics! :)


I feel like it's been awhile since I've chatted with ya'll! The last connection was via a landmark 20-miler-and well, oh blah de-oh blah dah, life goes on:) This week I have been feeling quite OLD! My physiological age could have been near 40+ if you judged this based on my walking capability or sound effects when sitting (aka plopping) down or getting up. Needless to say, I was SORE! My joints hurt, my bones hurt, and I was tiiiiired! Sunday was a slow mover for me, I took a brief nap and hoped my right ankle/knee got to feeling better soon. Monday, well let's just say I tried to run.....and I basically would start out running and then stop when I felt pain in my ankle/knee. Then, it went away, I would start out again, then stop, then start, etc. I only did this for 2 miles.
Well, yesterday I thought the ankle was feeling better and so I hit the road again for an 8 miler. I know, my training/pain avoidance wasn't on allstar-level at this point. I shouldn't have ran 8 miles, but I wanted to hit the road and the weather was beautiful, and I couldn't resist. So I ran in and out of pain for the whole time and went pretty quick. The first 2 miles were around 8:50 min/mile pace and then I slowed where every mile after that was under 9:30ish min/mile pace. I got done, readily applied some ice to my ankle and after a chat with the G-man decided to rest. G-man coaches and has coached Cross Country/Track and Field at the school were I work for 30+ years and knows his stuff! The man is an excellent coach, and he told me very confidently that I needed to take 2-3 days off to rest my ankle completely before the race so I'm able to finish and finish strong! I heeded his advice and NO running, NO cross training, NOTHING on this fine Wednesday. The weather was awesome, so NP and I enjoyed a Sprite (him) Vitamin Water (me) on my driveway in camping chairs after work. Ahh, the life of a teacher....:)

Guess what came in the mail today........................

That's right! My official race-day apparel that I ordered on Monday! Super excited to try it out on a long run and see how it feels! I hope all is well because I'd love to wear it and feel good on race day in that!

Back to So You Think You Can Dance and early to bed tonight!! :)

Guh' night all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment