Saturday, August 29, 2009

There's a chill in the air!

Hello there friends,

I'm coming to you live from the comfort of my home on my nice soft couch while my latest Netflix is playing in the background! LOVE Julia Roberts, so when I saw Duplicity hit the DVD list, I was ALL about it! JG and I are currently relaxing after a rather busy morning! I met the lovely Maris at 7AM at her house and headed out on our 12 mile journey from there!
Maris has a sweet bike that I REALLY like! Love the paint color and and she looks like quite the outdoors-er while peddling away on it;) Jambo was sad in the background that she wasn't able to join us for the journey. :( We hopped on Linear on 13th St. and went west until it ended and then went to Anneburg and did a semi-loop before turning around and heading back to Linear. The sky went from sunny and slight clouds to more clouds and less sun! I got chilled a bit while running but was still sweating so it was all temperature confusion for this body! I went quite a bit slower than I normally do trying not to push too hard but still log the miles. I had to stop about 4 times to blow my nose (where does the snot keep coming from?? seriously?! A little snot factory in my head or what?!) Also, needed lots of water while running and the Clif Shot Bloks were also a great necessity!
Chose to walk at about 11.25 until .50 and then was able to finish the last half mile well. Had a quarter mile cool-down and SO glad Maris was with me the whole way! We had a great chance to catch up and it was refreshing to be able to pray together around 8 miles for strength and for other happenings in our lives! Loved being able to pray while in motion, it's almost like I can picture and really believe the things I'm asking God for with more assurance. It was cool and I'm thankful for it!

After the 12, I took a quick shower and Maris' house and then headed to one of my favorite locally-owned establishments: Bluestem Bistro! Look who came too:

Beth and Brady! They are making a double appearance on 2 blogs today possibly;) We enjoyed a lovely breakfast and had fun times playing with Brady! Excited to get to recap and share the journey with Beth all along the way! She's great at letting me verbally process through the run and all other life happenings;)

Well, the movie is calling my name and I think I might lay down for a bit;)

Happy Saturday all!

ps: these homemade granola bars....not healthy:)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it went well Shelb. Had fun last night too. See you at the party this eve.

    ReplyDelete