Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Pimpin'


Professional Shelby

So, this conference is mediocre, but the experience I've had in Wichita has been pretty good:) Upon arrival, I learned that our room was no longer available for us, the Hyatt made a mistake, and to make up for it, they gave me and my colleague at hospitality SWEET, errr, suite!


view over the river

DOUBLE doors, how fancy:)

So this morning, I met Cara at 6:30 to run/ride along the river. She volunteered to ride alongside me as I did 7 miles. I was REALLY blessed that she a. volunteered to go with me and b. to have to company and distraction as I logged the miles! She was awesome and great to have as we went under bridges and through wooded areas where homeless people were sleeping and had been. There were some definite shady characters that I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing alone and was glad she had her KEYS ready to KEY someone if needed;) haha! But, have no fear faithful followers, we were safe and smart! A note about the Hyatt--I walked in the hotel lobby looking WET and tired and before I could even navigate to the elevators a women that worked at the front door handed me a bottle of water and smiled! I was touched, it was great because I ofcourse, was thristy! Oh, and last night I got 2 free wifi cards so I can blog to you now LIVE! :)

Conference food: this is a total first for me at these types of conferences! QUALITY food, with excellent flavor and great ingredients! dark greens on a salad! it was good, no ranch alternative for dressing, so naked, but still good!



Vegetarian option was grilled veggies in a pesto sauce with melted/fried cheese on top..not sure about the cheese part, but the veggies were awesome!
What was left, ate it all sans cheese glob on top of plate:)
A little apple fruit tart, nibbled on some of this, but was pretty dry. Well, off to more learning endeavors and shopping/dinner out and big brother later! whoop whoop!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, professional Shelby all dressed up! I haven't met the wonderful Cara, but tell her I love the blog--love to see what other people try for food and I already found a new recipe to try. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, I will pass that fun little bit along:)

    ReplyDelete