Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm a nerd!

Hello!

I am offering up some self-awareness (freshmen vocab word!) and just letting you know now that I am aware of my nerdness/goofiness! Yesterday at school my order of new textbooks arrived! I have not ordered books in my years here yet and this was a huge landmark for me! I got to select the Nutrition/Wellness books and they arrived and I am very excited! They are 2010 editions and have current information for the kiddies to learn from! The workbooks were backordered, but I'm glad the books are here! A little perk for my Friday AM organizing them!

So this week has been a little different for my training. I told ya'll about my knee tweak, well after that I was reading this book, "Marathoning for Mortals" and I got to the chapter about injuries and I think I got paranoid and began to see the part of the struggle of training for a marathon is making it to the starting line injury-free! I decided that Thursday instead of my usual 4 mile run I would take a rest day and did Sunrise Yoga instead and then in the evening rode my bike around a little bit and worked in my garden area! Weeds--I tell ya what--they keep coming BACK! Thanks J for your help with the super star clippers and rose TLC, haha! :)
This lovely Friday morn I woke up with a scratchy throat a little extra drainage--so pray that I am not catching a bug from the children back at school! I spinned my little heart out this morning at 5:45AM and am SOOO glad it's FRIDAY! Ya know when you just really need a weekend?? Yeah, well that's me--need some down time in the sun AFTER I run 16 miles tomorrow! Yep, you read that correctly, 16 miles tomorrow with my homegurl Bethy. She's awesome, let me just say that! She's going to ride a long with me and we're still deciding on the route today...wish US luck! :)

Happy Friday all!

Much love, Shelb

No comments:

Post a Comment