Sunday, August 23, 2009

waaaaamp waaahhhhh

That's the debbie-downer sound effect, just imagine it :) Unfortunately friends, I did not complete the 16-miler to write to you about. My body was not having any of it. Last I wrote, Friday morning woke up with scratchy throat...well faster than anything I've ever experienced, I went from scratchy throat, to pounding headache that would NOT go away despite all the meds I took to throwing up and feeling like DEATH! Friday was such a range that by 6:30 PM I crawled into bed without even changing clothes and lay there trying to survive!

Luckily, 1 puking experience later (sorry for the week tummies out there...) and lots of sleep I woke up on Saturday with just a sore throat and lots of phlegm. So yesterday was spent laying on the couch watching NEWSIES!!! yipeee for nostalgic childhood memories and drinking Sprite--thank you mr. J for the get-well package;) Although, I do have to say that Newsies is mabe not the movie for the adult who never watched it as a child, because, well it is a Disney musical--and just not as cool if you're, oh, say 29 as opposed to 8-12:)

Currently, on this Sunday morning, I find myself still not 100%, more like 60% with lots of junk in the throat/nose area and wishing I was closer to atleast 80% !! I am glad that this illness is coming now in August as opposed to late September or early October when the marathon is very close. I know that I have enough training time ahead of me to keep logging miles and trust the program and my body that I'm not going to lose everything I've worked for. I have to keep telling myself that because it's very tempting to want to make up for lost mileage and do more than I should. So, while yes, I'm bummed that it's beautiful outside and I can't be out there, and yes, I'm bummed that I'm sick and that I missed the long run, I'm thankful for the rest and down time. Pray for a speedy recovery and super-star immune system that fights off the bad-guys inside my body! :)

I hope that you all are having a great weekend and enjoying the great outdoors for me! Breathe deep that beautiful clear air and pause just for a moment, because that's what I would do--hopefully without coughing or sneezing:)

Love,
Shelb

No comments:

Post a Comment