Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Turning a corner

This morning I hit the streets in the dark dark of the am. I was pushed for time, but I decided to do 7 miles anyway. I ran out north and it was dark dark, I mean dark, couldn't see the big rock that I rolled my ankle on. It wasn't a bad roll, didn't feel tweaked that bad, but it stretched out my knee and IT band a bit with the hyper-extension. I could feel that it might be sore later but kept right along. I was going north for about 3 miles and then decided to go west so when I would turn around the rising sun would be all that I could see when I turned the corner.
Man, when I turned around that sky was beyond brilliant! I was looking at these streaks of pink and purple and I knew that the colors were so vibrant just for that .5 of a mile when I was running right into it. All I could think of was how grateful I was that God created that sunrise of beautiful colors for me. It was a special moment and I couldn't help but smile for the half mile running into the sunrise. Then, the most amazing thing happened, my pace began to quicken. My stride lengthened and it felt good! I was gliding right along in the middle of corn fields and countryside and just clicking right along. I mean for 3 miles I was just going, and my legs could keep up and it was uplifting.

As soon as I stopped running my knee really began to hurt. I stretched the best I could and planned to ice it at school!

Like I said, pushed for time means getting ready for work in 30 minutes--not easy for me and rushing to school!
Now, I'm planning away for me day with a big 'ol bag of ice on my knee all athletically taped on real nice! Thanks Katie for the hook-up...best head VB coach around if you ask me!

I wish you beautiful sunrises friends and moments of intimate connection with your Creator!

much love, Shelby:)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing run and I'm sorry to hear your knee was hurting! I haven't seen a sunrise in a while. Never up that early :) Hope you've had a good day! You = cool
    -Katie P

    ReplyDelete