Thursday, August 13, 2009

Running into daybreak

I thought of title as I was leaving my dark house, to get on a dark street and run until it was light. The sky in the west was beautiful and just breaking light purple, then light pink, then orangey--beautiful;)
The run was sooooooo good! I have been really praying for a good run, and this was it! Even though it was dark outside for the first half, no cars came close because of my trusty headlamp, I felt good and quick! It felt like a burden had been lifted and somehow I felt lighter. I had negative splits and the last one was 8:50! I'm not sure the burden, but there was a refreshing ease to the run. I'm so thankful--I needed an encouraging run before the 15 jaunt on Saturday! I think my friend Katie is going to bike alongside me and I think it'll be really good! We'll be safe--I promise!

It's been really fun to see the squirmy new freshmen get orientated to the big kid school! I always love when they're all awkward and fidgety! It brings joy to my heart to see how they always start off high school and then when they finish, it's never like that :)

Tomorrow is Friday! yipeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment