Saturday, August 15, 2009

That's a long way!

15 miles--yeah buddy! Here's some pics to recap:

Before heading out, I had to wake-up Jack! He's been a little lonely without JG here to take him out on long walks....but he likes me, so it's okay! He does NOT like 5:30AM though:)
Katie was AWESOME and offered to ride along while I ran and we had originally planned to start at the Big Blue let in, but we had some technical difficulties with the bike in back of Katie's car...
The sky looked pretty for us though:)
So, after some rearranging, we went back to my house and Katie rode my bike...not too bad of a revamp:)
After a little ways....say, about 6 miles, it was time for water:)
Katie took some action shots! So, most of the run was pretty good. I split it up into 5-mile increments and that helped me mentally stay focused. We had quite the math word problem trying to figure out how far to go before turning around to end at my car...I won't go into it again...too complicated! :) It felt pretty good and I managed to stay pretty constant with my pace until about mile 12 and then I started to slow a bit. Things, got pretty hard the last 2 miles. I was really hurting and had to walk at about 14.08-14.20 and then ran home! Man, it felt so good to be done!! I was excited to STOP and walk and rest! It's like a weight is lifted and I could relax a while!
Post-run smoothie set-up....got some spinach, tofu, almond milk, strawberries, frozen bananas, and almond butter! mmmm, good! Green-goodness! Delicious!! :)
I hope ya'll have a great weekend and get some rest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment